Oprah Winfrey, Idris Elba are among the guests arriving at St George’s Chapel
- The royal wedding: Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are getting married at the at St. George’s Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
- The ceremony: It starts at 12 p.m. local time (7 a.m. ET). After they’re officially married, there will be a carriage procession.
- Two receptions: The couple will attend a reception hosted by Queen Elizabeth II in the afternoon, then a smaller one hosted by Prince Charles, Harry’s father, this evening.
- How to watch: We’ll have a live stream of the wedding on this page starting at 5 a.m. ET (or 10 a.m. London time). You can watch crowds starting to gather now.
Content by LendingTree
Meghan Markle will be joined today by six bridesmaids, including 3-year-old Princess Charlotte, daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The youngest of the bridesmaids and page boys — chosen by Prince Harry and Markle — is 2 and the oldest is 7, Kensington Palace announced Wednesday.
Along with Princess Charlotte, the bridesmaids include…
- Two of Harry’s goddaughters
- Two goddaughters of Markle
- Ivy Mulroney, 4, whose mother is one of Markle’s close friends, Canadian stylist Jessica Mulroney.
The four page boys are…
- Prince George, 4, oldest child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
- Harry’s godson Jasper Dyer
- Ivy Mulroney’s 7-year-old twin brothers, Brian and John
Appearing to make a somewhat sneaky entrance, Elton John is inside St. George’s Chapel with husband David Furnish talking to the Beckhams and James Blunt.
He’s wearing his trademark round sunglasses with a morning suit and blue tie.
Picture of Lady Diana, Princess of Wales with Prince Charles of Wales at their wedding at St Paul Cathedral in London in 1981.
Picture of Lady Diana, Princess of Wales with Prince Charles of Wales at their wedding at St Paul Cathedral in London in 1981. STR/AFP/Getty Images
When Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tie the knot today, there’s one person whose absence will be keenly felt: Diana, Princess of Wales.
But small details in the planning of the wedding make it clear that Harry wants his beloved mother’s presence to be felt.
- The jewels: Harry included two diamonds from his mother’s own jewelry collection in Markle’s engagement ring, which he designed himself, “to make sure she’s with us on this crazy journey together,” he said.
- The flowers: Harry and Markle’s chosen florist, Philippa Craddock, will be decking out the chapel with white garden roses, among other blooms. White roses were a favorite of Diana’s.
- The guests: The couple have invited Diana’s younger brother, Earl Charles Spencer, and her two older sisters, Lady Sarah and Lady Jane Fellowes, to the wedding. The latter has been chosen to give the reading at the ceremony.
Serena Williams, a close friend of Meghan Markles’s, posted a series of photos showing off her outfit for the wedding.
She is due to arrive at the chapel shortly.
Amelia Thompson, from Woodhouse in Sheffield, received an invitation to the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Amelia Thompson, from Woodhouse in Sheffield, received an invitation to the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Peter Byrne/WPA Pool/Getty Images
David Beckham stopped to hug a fan, Amelia Thompson, on his way into today’s royal wedding.
Thompson is a survivor of the 2017 bombing at Manchester Arena. The attack happened durning an Ariana Grande concert.
Former footballer David Beckham and his fashion designer wife, Victoria Beckham, are arriving at the chapel. The couple waved as the waiting crowds cheer with David stopping briefly to hug a fan.
Walking behind them is former rugby union player Jonny Wilkinson.
David Beckham and Victoria Beckham arrive at St George’s Chapel on Saturday.
David Beckham and Victoria Beckham arrive at St George’s Chapel on Saturday. Gareth Fuller/PA Wire via AP
George and Amal Clooney have just arrived at Windsor Castle. Amal is wearing a mustard yellow dress and matching hat, while George is in a gray suit.
The family of the Duchess of Cambridge are arriving at the St. George’s Chapel. Michael Middleton walked in with his wife Carol, followed by Catherine’s sister, Pippa and her husband James Matthews.
Pippa is wearing a pale green dress with floral pattern from The Fold which retails for around £495 ($ 675).
Pippa Middleton and James Matthews arrive in Windsor.
Pippa Middleton and James Matthews arrive in Windsor. James Gourley/REX/Shutterstock
While Prince Harry’s brother, Prince William, will serve as the best man today, his bride, Meghan Markle, won’t have a maid of honor.
Markle has opted not to have a maid of honor, according to Jason Knauf, communications secretary to Prince Harry.